Action Items of WG-USA Board Meetings
Board Meeting of December 4, 2008
Board Meeting of October 19, 2008
- Barbara Carey, Treasurer, will send receipts to WG members for tax purposes.
- WG-USA Membership as of December 4, 2008 was 155 members.
- Began plans for a workshop about building an online organization to be presented at the IFUW Conference in 2010 in Mexico City.
- Ten members have been approved to serve as representatives of IFUW to the Commission on the Status of Women (CSW) March 2-11, 2009.
- The Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be in the Long Beach Area of California.
- WG-USA members will be receiving a second membersí survey in December.
- Heard the First Credentials Report stating that the quorum needed for the Annual General Meeting is 10% of the membership by the end of the first quarter of the fiscal year: 10 members of 94.
- Noted that the total membership of WG-USA as of 10/18/08 is 147 members.
- Heard the Report of the President for the first year of the organization.
- Announced that our organization is classified by the IRS as a 501 ©3 non-profit.
- Announced that Women Graduates-USA has been unanimously approved by the members of the International Federation of University Women.
- Accepted the reports of the following Committees: Communication, Finance, Governance, Membership, Program.
- Heard the Report of the IFUW Representative to the United Nations: Catherine Moore.
- Approved the WG-USA Budget for 2009.
Board Meeting of September 8, 2008
- Approved Ronnie Nivala as a member of the Governance Committee.
- Approved minutes from July 16 Teleconference Board Meeting as corrected.
- Adopted the Policy and Procedures Manual.
- Adopted the Job Description Manual as amended.
- Agreed as part of our program and a service to our members to establish links on our website to credible organizations doing work that fits our mission.
- Agreed to ask members to send a check for $100 along with the registration form to Barbara Carey for the Annual General Meeting at Hotel Pattee. Rooms at the group rate of $119 can be reserved individually.
- Agreed on the AGM Program Outline as amended.
- Requested committee reports from each convener by October 6, 2008 in order to pull together the registration packet.
- Agreed that the results to Survey Questions 1, 2, and 3 will be published in The Flame.
Board Meeting of July 16, 2008
- Acknowledged the appointment of the following committee members since the last board meeting:
Carol Ann Council, Finance Committee
Suzanne Stutman, Program Committee
Kathryn Horvat, Membership Committee
Carla Sorani-Hluchan, Membership Committee
Kathleen Magill, Governance Committee
Caroline Sedlacek, Governance Committee
Bev Weiler, Communications Committee and E-newsletter Editor.
- Accepted the resignation of Myrna Brown as Board Member and convener of the Program Committee, but remaining as a member of the committee.
- Confirmed that WG individual membership dues are due payable on the anniversary of the first payment of dues, - always annually in 12 months after joining month intervals. The grace period for dues will be 3 months after the anniversary date.
- Accepted the bid for officer bonding insurance.
- Acknowledged that the application for WG-USA, Inc. non-profit status has submitted to the IRS.
- Confirmed the site and dates of the first Annual General Meeting (AGM) at the Hotel Pattee in Perry, Iowa on October 17-19, 2008.Agreed to use www.regonline.com for the registration process. (Editor's Note: Registration information will be available soon and will be posted on the WG-USA website.)
- Determined that an e-mail survey of the membership will be developed and sent out during the month of August.
- Agreed to draft a Conflict of Interest Form to be signed at the AGM.
- Next Board Meeting - Conference Call - September 8, 2008 at 9:30 a.m EDT.
Board Meeting of April 9, 2008
- Determined that the Values of WG-USA are:
- Commitment to the Mission of the Organization Member Involvement
- Communication Virtually – all members can speak
- Committed to increasing membership.
- Committed to doing an assessment of the current board.
- Voted to expand the board by two members at the General Membership Meeting.
- Will survey the membership on a regular basis by e-mail.
- Will provide training at the General Membership Meeting on working virtually.
- Set the date of the General Membership Meeting for October 17-19, 2008 in Iowa.
- Revised by-laws to meet the request of the Membership Committee of IFUW.
- Determined that 2008 will be used to gathering data and setting criteria for the program theme of Education for Girls. Program emphasis will be carried out in 2009.
Our neighborhood... the world
"Women Graduates-USA empowers women world-wide to secure a better world through education, advocacy, friendship and mutual support."